Fun Facts & Dental Jokes
- A little boy was taken to the dentist. It was discovered that he had a cavity that
had to be filled. " Now, young man," asked the dentist, " what kind of filling
would you like for that tooth?" " Chocolate, please," replied the youngster.
- An elderly patient went to have her teeth checked. " Mrs. Hopgood, your teeth are
good for the next 50 years." the dentist beamed. To which she replied, " What will
they do without me?"
- " I came in to make an appointment with the dentist." said the man to the receptionist.
" I'm sorry sir." she replied. " He's out right now, but..." " Thank you." interrupted
the obviously nervous prospective patient. " When will he be out again?"
- A patient sits in the dental chair with severely fractured front teeth. After discussing
how they will be restored and what the fee would be the patient says," Before we
begin, Doc, I gotta know: Will I be able to play the trumpet when you are finished?
" The dentist replies " Sure you will!" The patient replies " Great, I couldn't
play a note before!"
- "Open wider." requested the dentist, as he began his examination of the patient.
"Good God !" he said startled. "You've got the biggest cavity I've ever seen - the
biggest cavity I've ever seen." "OK Doc !" replied the patient. "I'm scared enough
without you saying something like that twice." "I didn't !" said the dentist. "That
was the echo."
- Dentist: There goes the only woman I ever loved. Assistant: Why don't you marry
her? Dentist: I can't afford to. She's my best patient.
- A guy goes to visit his grandmother and he brings his friend with him. While he's
talking to his grandmother, his friend starts eating the peanuts on the coffee table,
and finishes them off. As they're leaving, his friend says to his grandmother, "
Thanks for the peanuts." She says, " Yeah, since I lost my dentures I can only suck
the chocolate off 'em. "
- Dentist: Just let me finish and you will be another man after these cosmetic procedures.
Patient: Okay doc, but don't forget to send your bill to the other man.
- A patient asked the dentist, if it wasn't nasty to be all the day with the hands
in someone's mouth. The dentist answered "I just think of it as having my hands
in their wallet."
- Toothaches always start on Friday night right before the weekend when the Dental
Office will be closed.
- Patient: How much to have this tooth pulled?
Patient: $200 for just a few minutes work???
Dentist: I can extract it very slowly, if you like.
Did You Know?
- Say cheese! The calcium and phosphorous found in cheese is
healthy for your teeth - it reduces the pH level in plaque and re-mineralizes
- Coffee, wine and cigarettes stain teeth. Teeth whitening treatments can make your
smile bright again!
- 60% of people who don't know that a sore jaw, when combined with chest pain, can
signal a heart attack-especially in women.
- A person's set of teeth is unique much like their fingerprints.
Even identical twins do not have exactly the same set of teeth. Did you know
that your tongue print is also unique?
- The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man? Only 8! Kids laugh around
400 times a day. Adults... just 15.
- Academy of General dentistry, the average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds
a day, the recommended amount of time is 2-3 minutes.
- If you're right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you're left
handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- 50% consider the smile the first facial feature they notice.
- 80% are not happy with their smile.
- 83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hair
- 33% of Americans have untreated tooth decay.
- People who drink 3 or more sugary sodas daily have 62% more
- 78% of Americans have had at least 1 cavity by age 17.
- 32% of Americans cite bad breath as the least attractive trait of their co-worker.
- Research says that people with periodontal disease (Gum disease) are at higher risk
for developing heart disease, stroke, uncontrolled diabetes, pre-term births and
- Periodontal bacteria can enter the blood stream and travel to major organs and begin
- People with gum disease are twice as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease
as those without disease.
- According to the recent American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Survey, 92% of Americans
believe that an attractive smile is an important social asset.
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.
*Note: all facts and jokes have been gathered from different internet sources